A new update for the Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux 9.0 is available.
Advance Toolchain for PowerLinux 9.0-3 new features
- GCC provides:
- Fix for PowerPC ISA 2.07 is inefficient at doint (float)(int)x.
- Fix for wrong code generation in __sync_val_compare_and_swap on PowerPC.
- Fix for libatomic fails to build with -Os on powerpc64-linux.
- Fix swap optimization on powerpc64le.
- IEEE 128-bit floating point support.
- New constraint for ISA 3.0 (power9).
- Fix for an ICE in lra_set_insn_recog_data.
- Fix code generated on big-endian with -O1 -fexpensive-optimizations.
- –mcpu=powerpc64le pass -mpower8 to gas.
- The GNU C Library provides:
- Valgrind provides:
- Fix for 128-bit modulo and carry calculations.
- Itrace options added to dump address information for each DSO loaded into a file.
- Boost provides mem_cache_block lockfree.
- Support for lock elision on glibc.
- Script provided to help enable lock elision at runtime.
- OpenSSL provides fixes for CVE-2016-0701 and CVE-2015-3197.
- TCMalloc fixes an occasional deadlock on CEPH.
Complete list and details of bug/performance fixes is available at the official IBM website for the Advance Toolchain.
* The IBM logo is property of IBM Corporation. Courtesy of International Business Machines Corporation. Unauthorized use not permitted.