Throughout my career, I have contributed to some open source software projects, mainly for the GNU Toolchain components. Here you can find a list of all my contributions and articles I have written about open source.
Here are my contributions to the GNU binary utilities open source software project.
- New elfcore function for register note sections support in gdb
- Added support for NT_PPC_VMX in BFD and readelf
Here are my contributions to the GNU debugger open source software project.
- New method for handling register note sections in gdb
- Upgraded i386 architecture to use the new method for handling register note sections
- Added support for PPC Altivec registers in “gcore” command
- Testcase for the psymtabs expansion patch
- Added support for PPC Altivec registers in core files
- Use “DW_CC_program” to determine the “main” program in Fortran
- Expand psymtabs when “*exact_match” is zero
- tui: initialize signal handler
Here are my contributions to the GNU C library open source software project.
- strlen optimization for POWER8
- Fix dl-procinfo HWCAP
- HWCAP2 bits for POWER9
- Export __parse_hwcap_and_convert_at_platform to libc.a
- Add POWER9 platform support
- Add HWCAP bits to the TCB on Power
- Provide __tls_get_addr () in static libc
- Add AT_PLATFORM to _dl_aux_init ()
- Fix build issue with gcc-5.x
- Sync hwcap.h with the kernel
- Fixes for memchr
- Add missing hwcap strings
- Documentation: How to write a change-proof function wrapper in glibc
- Support for AT_BASE_PLATFORM in LD_SHOW_AUXV
- POWER7 Implies files and sysdeps directory structure
- dl-procinfo support for POWER7, and HWCAP bits for Power ISA v2.06 and VSX feature
Here are my contributions to the Go Programming Language open source software project.
- Go: Added more Power instructions to the assembler
- Runtime detection of ISA level and CPU capabilities on ppc64x
- Add support for VSX registers and instructions for ppc64x
- Add support for VMX (Altivec) registers and instructions for ppc64x
- Insufficient padding in the ‘p’ structure; fix cache line size on ppc64x
- Use clock_gettime to get current time on ppc64x
Other contributions to open source software projects
Other minor contributions were done to:
Open Source Articles
- Support Ubuntu Edge
A great concept idea for a mobile phone from Canonical.
- Ubuntu 11.10 Impressions
My short review of this Ubuntu Desktop Linux release.
- Ubuntu 9.10 Impressions
Quick impressions about the new Ubuntu release.
- Firefox 4 Beta Hands-on
My impressions on the next release of Firefox.